Spaghetti squash is a fun vegetable that can serve as a tender and healthy alternative to spaghetti pasta. In this delicious recipe, you’ll combine the flavours of tacos, peppers, beans, and tomatoes with the earthy aromas of spaghetti squash, giving you a dish that is nutritious, filling, and tasty. Add a little twist to your typical Mexican flavours night with this easy and fun recipe.
Stuff Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats
434 calories per serving
2 medium spaghetti squash, halved with seeds scooped out
2 tbsp Canola Harvest Canola with Olive Oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 lb extra lean ground beef
3 tbsp taco seasoning
540 ml canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ green pepper, diced
1 cup corn
1 cup shredded nacho or Tex Mex cheese
4 green onions, diced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Drizzle the cut side pf the spaghetti squash with 1 tbsp Canola Harvest Canola with Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down, on a large baking sheet. Roast until squash is tender, about 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before using a fork to pull out spaghetti squash strands.
2. While squash is roasting, heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add extra lean ground beef, breaking meat up in the pan with the end of a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula. Cook until brown, about 7-10 minutes.
3. Add taco seasoning and stir. Add black beans, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, and corn. Cook for an additional minute.
4. Divide beef mixture and scoop into prepared spaghetti squash halves. Top with cheese and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Top with green onions, cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.