The range and versatility of pizza is nothing short of amazing. When you think about the types of possible toppings, the types of sauce, the kind of bread used, it’s amazing that we can agree to a consensus pizza at all. But whether you enjoy a simple, classic cheese-only pizza or if you prefer a more adventurous version with unique toppings, sauce, and dough, we can all agree that pizza is awesome and brings people together. This Rainbow Veggie Flatbread Pizza recipe uses naan flatbread for a unique base and a focus on healthy and colorful toppings such as broccoli florets, green peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, grape tomatoes, red onions and thinly-sliced purple potatoes.
Rainbow Veggie Flatbread Pizza recipe
Yields 6 slices
113 g / 1/4 cup Canola Harvest margarine with olive oil
6 g / 1 clove garlic, finely grated
130 g / 1/2 cup pizza sauce, homemade or store-bought
75 g / 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
750 g / 5 cups (approximately) chopped colorful veggies (such as broccoli florets, green peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, grape tomatoes, red onions, and thinly-sliced purple potatoes)
1 g / 1 tsp dried oregano
Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
2. In a microwaveable container, add the garlic and the Canola Harvest margarine with olive oil.
3. Lay out both pieces of naan in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Divide pizza sauce between the two naan breads, and use a spoon to spread it evenly over both.
4. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Then layer the veggies in a rainbow pattern on top of the cheese. Drizzle or mist each with a bit of the garlic and Canola Harvest margarine with olive oil mixture.
5. Sprinkle each pizza with dried oregano.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked and the crust is slightly golden.
7. Remove the pizzas from oven, and sprinkle with optional toppings, if desired. Slice and serve warm.
• Be creative with your colour palette and arrangement. Try doing spirals or stripes of colour.