This delicious and filling dish combines classic tomato and Italian seasoning with mushrooms and the kick of jalapeños to give you a hearty one-dish meal that your family will appreciate on cold winter nights.
Hearty Tortellini Soup
3 tbsp Canola Harvest Canola Oil*
907 g ground beef
1 medium white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jar pasta sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 cups penne pasta
3/4 cup mozza cheese, shredded
3/4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
1. Add Canola Harvest Canola Oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
2. Add ground beef and onion and cook until clear.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Drain ground beef.
5. Stir in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
6. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Cook penne pasta according to instructions and drain.
9. Add to beef and pasta sauce mixture and stir.
10. Transfer to 13×9 inch baking dish.
11. Spread shredded cheese evenly over top.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
13. Top with jalapeño peppers.
*Original recipe contained Canola Harvest Canola Oil with Olive Oil and can be substituted with Canola Harvest Canola Oil.