This easy Fried Tofu recipe with Shiitake Mushrooms and Bok Choy is a delicious and aromatic Asian-inspired dish sure to please with tasty, flavour-filled bites of fried tofu, the hearty, robust flavour of shiitake mushrooms, and the delicate and healthy addition of baby bok choy. One of tofu’s advantages is its ability to absorb flavour where you can taste every bite of this recipe’s ginger, garlic and soy sauce seasonings. Baby Bok Choy, also called Chinese Cabbage or pak choi, is chock-full of nutritional benefits such as fibre, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. It’s also very low in calories and carbohydrates. The addition of shiitake mushrooms adds fibre, vitamins and minerals. The robust, hearty taste of shiitake mushrooms originates from Southeast Asia, and are commonly used in stir fries and soups. If you’ve always wanted to discover the flavours of fried tofu, this recipe is an excellent starting point.
Fried Tofu with Shiitake Mushrooms and Bok Choy
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Canola Harvest canola oil
450 g baby bok choy
350 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
11/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 cup vegetable broth
1. In a large sauteing pan, heat 1 tbsp of Canola Harvest canola oil over medium-high heat.
2. Fry the tofu pieces until brown, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
3. Add remaining 1 tbsp of canola oil to pan and heat the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
4. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the baby bok choy and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and vegetable broth and heat for about 2 minutes.
7. Serve vegetable mixture over tofu in a bowl.