Try this delicious combination of fresh eggs and mozzarella cheese mixed with the taste of basil, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, along with the goodness of Canola Harvest Canola Oil. Great for sharing at your next outdoor family gathering or as an easy way to add pizzazz to your paper bag lunch. It’s an easy to make ahead of time recipe that’s easier-to-pack.
Canola Harvest Egg Bites
Bakes 12 egg bites
79 calories per serving
1 tbsp Canola Harvest Canola Oil*
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced plus 1 tbsp for garnish
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
8 large eggs
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly brush the Canola Harvest Canola Oil into 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Evenly distribute cherry tomatoes, basil, and spinach between the 12 muffin cups.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and eggs. Add in seasoning and mix well.
4. Evenly pour egg mixture into each cup over the vegetables, carefully avoiding overfilling as the egg will rise.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until eggs are fully set and cooked. Allow to cool on wire rack before running a butter knife along outside of egg cups to release from pan. Garnish with thinly sliced basil if desired.
*Original recipe contained Canola Harvest Canola Oil with Avocado Oil and can be substituted with Canola Harvest Canola Oil.