We’re all doing what we can to make the most of our time indoors, and for many of us that means cooking and baking comfort foods- such as homemade pizza! This easy pizza dough requires only pantry staples and is easy enough for the kids to help.
Though we love this crunchy pizza dough recipe, our favourite part of homemade pizza is customizing it to our own tastes. Pizza sauce is an obvious choice, but pesto, barbecue, or Alfredo sauces are also delicious. Feel free to use whichever type of cheese you have on hand- Mozzarella, Feta, and Romano cheese are all delicious options. And of course, finish with your favourite toppings- olives, onions, peppers, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, bacon bits… The possibilities are endless!
Easy Pizza Dough
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (2 ¼ tsp if using bulk yeast)
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups white or whole wheat flour
2 tbs Canola Harvest Canola Oil, plus an extra ¼ tsp for pan
1. Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a medium bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, salt, and Canola Harvest Canola Oil. Mix with a spoon until smooth. Let dough mixture rest for 5 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter top or cutting board and knead into a ball.
4. Use remaining ¼ tsp of Canola Harvest Canola Oil to grease pizza pan. Place dough onto pan and evenly spread over the surface.
5. Spread with sauce and toppings. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing.