Muffins are deliciously versatile! Sometimes you crave sweet muffins and sometimes you feel like savoury muffins. The beauty of muffins is that there is always room for either! When you’re feeling the craving for some savoury muffins, try this awesome recipe for Cheese and Spinach Muffins. These delicious and fluffy muffins blend the simple tastes of cheddar cheese and spinach for a healthy snack or treat. You can easily freeze these muffins and heat them up for lunch, breakfast or as an afternoon pick-me-up. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate along with being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2. Use the light taste of Canola Harvest margarine with olive oil, adding a subtle hint of aromatic olive oil to its simple yet satisfying flavour profile.
Chicken and Waffle Bites
Makes 12 muffins
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons Canola Harvest margarine with olive oil, melted
1 cup whole milk
½ cup frozen spinach, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly oil 12 muffin cups.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl.
4. Blend the melted Canola Harvest margarine, egg, milk, spinach, and cheddar cheese together in a mixing bowl.
5. Stir in the flour mixture.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
These muffins are easily freezable! Store them in your freezer until you’re ready to use. You can thaw them completely at room temperature. You can also reheat them in the microwave on high for 30 seconds or in the oven at 350 F for 12 minutes.