This lovely broccoli soufflé recipe is easy, tasty and healthy! A soufflé is a delicious baked egg-based dish that’s light and tender on the outside and fluffy and tasty on the inside. This version uses three kinds of cheese such as gouda, havarti, and cheddar and mixes in the healthy tastes of tender broccoli florets. Contrary to public opinion, a soufflé is not difficult to make and this easy recipe will give you beautiful results that is delicious and good for you. The term “soufflé” comes from the French verb “souffler” which means “to inflate” or “to puff.”
Broccoli Soufflé recipe
Yields 4 soufflés
30 g / 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 g / 1/2 tsp salt
1 g / 1/4 tsp powdered mustard
250 ml / 1 cup whole milk
30 g / 1/4 cup gouda cheese
30 g / 1/4 cup havarti cheese
30 g / 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
125 g / 3/4 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
1. Coat the inside of four ramekins with Canola Harvest margarine with olive oil. Ensure to get every surface of the interior.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
3. In a medium pot, heat and blend the Canola Harvest margarine, flour, salt, and powdered mustard until combined. Cook while whisking for five minutes.
4. Add whole milk to the pot, bring mixture to a boil for one minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
5. Stir in the cheeses until melted.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
7. Add egg yolks and broccoli to cooled cheese mixture.
8. In three additions, add egg white mixture to cheese mixture. Fold carefully with a rubber spatula.
9. Separate the mixture amongst the four ramekins and cook until puffy and risen, about 30 minutes.
• Only use the cleanest utensils and bowls when whipping egg whites. To ensure that they are properly cleaned, wipe them with vinegar.