Did You Know?
- Canola oil is a type of vegetable oil
- ½ the saturated fat of olive and soybean (vegetable) oil
- High in monounsaturated fat and omega-3 fatty acid
- Cholesterol and trans fat free
- One of the highest smoke points of all cooking oils at 468°F (242°C)
- Neutral flavour that will not upstage other ingredients.
Canola Harvest Canola Oil may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized, in October 2006, a qualified health claim for canola oil based on its high percentage of unsaturated fats. The claim states:
“Limited and not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about one and a half tablespoons (19 grams) of canola oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in canola oil. To achieve this possible benefit, canola oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day.”Source: FDA