Quick Frying Tips
Skim floating particles - To prevent oil deterioration.
Observe fryer oil quality - Filter or replace as required.
Turn down fryers when slow - To extend fry life.
Turn fryers on 15 minutes prior to initial use - To prevent oil deterioration.
Validate fryer oil temperature with thermometer - Calibrate fryer’s thermostat regularly.
Ensure fryer is filled up to fill line - For optimal frying.
Filter oil and flush fryer - Filter oil daily or more frequently for high volume operations.
Cover fryer overnight and when not in use - Light and oxygen deteriorate oil.
Thoroughly clean and boil the fryer with cleaning agent - For optimal fryer and oil performance.
Inspect fryer hood/vent for grease drips - Thoroughly clean if necessary.
- Deep fryer thermometer (temperature range up to 204°C (400°F)
- Fine mesh skimmer (square 5 ½") - Skim floating particles
- Auto-filter or filter, cone, bucket, nylon scrub brush - To remove harmful sediments from used frying oil
- Oil test tools, to determine discard point
- Fryer boil out cleaner
- Fryer log
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) such as heat resistant gloves and apron, along with face protection
Oil Test Tools
3M Shortening (Oil) Monitor Test Strips